Sunday, October 08, 2006

Meet Our Editor Linda

Hello! My name is Linda Walsh and I am a doll maker and doll pattern designer.

As you can tell from my picture above I always have to be different. Now, I know what you're going to say. You're going to tell me that that isn't a picture of you, Linda!

Well, you're right! It's a picture of "The Little Victorian Girl" that has become my Linda Walsh Originals mascot and logo.

So, why am I showing that as a picture representing me? For a really good reason - SURVIVAL!!!!!!

You see, I live in a house filled with over 1,000 handmade dolls and, they rule everything. Albeit, I created all of them and they aren't human. But, that doesn't matter to them. They out vote me just by sheer numbers.

So, to keep peace in "The Dollie Storage Room", which is where they live - over the garage, I had to make the picture that represents all of us "The Little Victorian Girl."

We, that is, me and all the dolls, are the owners of Linda Walsh Originals which sells "Doll Patterns For Grown-up Girls!" and Linda Walsh Originals Dolls" which sells "Handmade Dolls & Crafts For Grown-up Girls!"

We also have, as Angie said "a zillion blogs" some of which are as follows:



Linda's Blog
DOLLS BLOG by Linda Walsh Originals
Linda's 12 Months of Sewing Blog
Instant Download E-Patterns Blog
I Love Crafts and Craft Blogs
Tips For Crafters On The Web Blog
Testing The Blogs Series and Helpful Blog Tips Blog
The Best FREE Craft Articles
We actually have seven other blogs, but, you get the idea. We do have a "zillion" blogs.

Why so many, you might wonder? Well, the dolls just love to see their names in print.

We also have two other blogs which are actually plugboard blogs. They were created to help give the small business crafter on the web a place to plug their website for FREE. They are:

Dollie and Crafts Plugboard
Crafting For All Plugboard

We also have a toplist entitled "Top Blogs By Crafters" that we started to showcase some of the best blogs by crafters on the internet. You see, I like to do as much as a I can to help showcase "crafters" on the net.

Why?

For a couple of reasons.

First, the crafting community on net is one of the best communities out there. Everyone is always so willing to help everyone else out.

Secondly, because I don't think the crafters on the net get the "respect" that they should from the mainstream internet. So, wherever I can I try to promote all the crafters on the net.

And last but not least, I need something to write about in all those blogs besides "dolls" - don't I?

No comments: